Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector: MANOLITO/MP2P for Blubster/RockItNet/Piolet

From: Jeff Connelly <shellreef@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:11:09 -0700
Hello,

I've completed an MP2P dissector for Ethereal. It can be
downloaded here, under the download section (a 10K file):

http://openlito.sourceforge.net/

Its GPL'd, so feel free to include it in the next release of
Ethereal. I've tested it with several versions of Blubster, as
well as Piolet, although it should also work with RockItNet.
For reference, the clients this dissector can dissect can be
found at:

http://blubster.com/ http://piolet.com/ http://rockitnet.com/

Thanks and enjoy,
-Jeff Connelly

P.S.: OpenLITO is in need of a good cryptographer,
specifically strong in the field of checksumming, to help
reverse-engineer the 16-bit checksum algorithm. We're trying
to build an open source MP2P client. If you want to help, please
contact me at http://sourceforge.net/users/jeffconnelly/. All our
progress is available in the 24MB distribution.

P.P.S.: I previously sent this message earlier, but I wasn't
subscribed so I doubt it went through. I apologize in advance
any duplicates.