Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] TDS dissector - any idea why it's not dissectingTCP/1433 by d

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:23:21 +0200
From: Gerald Combs

| Olivier Biot wrote:
| > From: Yaniv Kaul
|
| > | I wonder if we could add to the check-in process a successful
| > | compilation test, and reject check-ins that fail it
| > | </rant>
| >
| > I fear that'd be difficult to achieve. A full and clean successful
| > remake can't be achieved in less than 30 minutes, AFAIK. Waithing
for
| > 30 minutes to commit a change to the repository is not a good
thing.

| Would it be useful to check builds asynchronously, e.g. by using
| Tinderbox?  An example can be found at
| http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Firefox

Maybe, but then we'll have to set it up correctly, which isn't always
possible. For instance, it is difficult to know when a distclean must
be performed (and if we perform one that all files to be deleted *are*
deleted) and how. Example situation: some files are moved, renamed or
deleted. The only way of getting rid of stale object files is via a
UN*X find I guess.

Best regards,

Olivier