Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Reviewed and updated "User's Guide" available

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:33:39 +0200
Graeme Hewson wrote:

4.1 "to start capure packets" should be "to start capturing packets"

changed

4.2 tip: "just try to keep" should probably be "just try keeping"

changed

4.2.1:

Interface: drop "the" in "the Ethereal"

changed

Link-layer header type: substitute "Unless you are in the rare situation
that you need this,"

Sorry, don't understand

Buffer size: "try to increase" should probably be "try increasing"

changed

Capture packets in promiscuous mode: I think "put the interface in" is
better (as you say the first note)

Sorry, don't understand

4.2.2:

Next file every n megabyte(s), Next file every n minute(s): remove comma
after "Switch to the next file,"

changed both

Stop capture after n file(s): change "Stop capturing after switched" to
"Stop capturing after switching"

changed

4.2.3: remove commas after "Stop capturing,"

changed three times

4.2.4 Automatic scrolling: complete sentence preferable, as in "This
option is greyed out if "Update list of packets in real time" is
disabled."

changed

4.3 first tip: should be "one of the "Multiple files" options."

changed

4.3 note: "these information" should be "this information"

changed

4.4: better to drop "will" in "The following paragraphs will describe"

changed

4.4: typo: choide

changed

4.5: preceeded should be preceded and preceed should be precede

changed all appearances

4.5 ether: missing space in "includethe"

changed

Description of figure 4.2: "The protocols which are counted cannot be
changed."

That's misleading! The protocols *can* be changed (by preferences), only the selection which is displayed in this dialog cannot!

4.6.1: mention ^E ?

I've added a section, please review.

As the next Ethereal release 0.10.6 seems to be planned, I would like to release this book (as it's related to 0.10.5) any time soon.

Is it possible for you to hurry up the review a bit? So we might release this book before the weekend? (Yes I know, time is precious, I'm busy myself).

Regards, ULFL