Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Back to performance...

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:35:04 -0700
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:18:31PM -0400, Ian Schorr wrote:
> Still a bit concerned that the taps are being rebuilt when changing
> display filter and other events that really should only change the
> packet list, though.  What if we did something simple like this (see
> attached patch against latest SVN)?

That sounds reasonable *if*, in fact, refiltering the display *doesn't*
change any taps.

It looks as if "tap_push_tapped_queue()" would get called regardless of
whether the packet passes the filter or not, and the taps have their own
filters, so, unless it's considered a bug, rather than a feature, that
the display filter has no effect on the taps, that sounds like the right
thing to do.