Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Compiling with MingW (native)

From: Noah Misch <noah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:12:50 -0700
On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:50:25PM +0200, W. van den Akker wrote:
> Ethereal can be compiled with either MSVC-6 or CygWin MingW.
>
> Has anyone tried to compile Ethereal with the native MingW compiler (without

I do not know, but it is surely feasible.  Folks have definitely compiled
plugins with MinGW; you can find that work in the list archives.

> the CygWin stuff)? Which development libraries must I use? I suppose the

Use the same libraries as you would for the MSVC build.  If you need Net-SNMP,
though, you will probably need to build it from scratch, for it is a static
library, not a DLL.

> CygWin MingW development libraries doesn't work....

I am not familiar with these "Cygwin MinGW development libraries" of which you
speak.  Would you clarify?