Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] mergecap fails to link on Solaris 9 (needs getprotobyname() e

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff_morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:42:34 -0400

Guy Harris wrote:
Jeff Morriss said:

I updated my CVS tree to release-0-10-5 and tried to compile on Solaris
9 but 'mergecap' fails to link:

I don't see "mergecap" anywhere in the "make" output - it looks as if it's
trying to link Ethereal.

Hmmm, that's odd.  I swore I saw "mergecap" in there earlier today.  <sigh>

The configure script appears not to have determined that libpcap requires
-lsocket, although it did figure out that it needs -lnsl.

Could you send the config.log file from the top-level source directory?

In fact I discovered (when I tried it on Solaris 8) what I previously knew (and forgot): GTK2 is now the default. Using "--disable-gtk2" makes everything work--don't know why (note that I installed GTK1.2 but the GTK2 is from Solaris).

Anyway, here's the "config.log" from when it didn't work.