Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] I've updated the "Ethereal User's Guide"

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:25:15 +0200
Richard Sharpe wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Ulf Lamping wrote:
-renewed *all* screenshot, using win32 GTK2.4 with png as the file format
the screenshots were outdated. png is smaller and provides better
quality than jpg for screenhots, gif is still patented. All modern
browsers should work with png (except lynx ;-)

Actually, I can't remember why jpgs were used in the original. It is a bad
choice for screen shots of things like Ethereal. However, the GIF patents
have expired now. They did so over a year ago now, I believe.
AFAIK, the patents are still valid in some countries. They will expire in these days now, but I would think png should do the job.

Regards, ULFL