Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FYI: Starting webbrowser from Help->Ethereal Online

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:40:01 +0200
Jean-Baptiste Marchand wrote:

Hello Ulf,

* Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> [01/01/70 - 01:00]:

Add experimental feature of opening a webbrowser, to show some of the
webpages from http://www.ethereal.com. This functionality is copied from
the Gimp.
Win32 will use ShellExecute to use the system registered webbrowser.
On unix builds, currently the mozilla browser is hardcoded, we still need a
preference setting for this (I will add this later).

I'm not sure but it seems that this new functionnality is gtk2 specific.

Thus, my CVS tree (configured with --disable-gtk2 because of the capture
windows refresh problem I described three weeks ago on ethereal-dev@)
does not build correctly:

webbrowser.c: In function `browser_open_url':
webbrowser.c:93: error: `GError' undeclared (first use in this function)
webbrowser.c:93: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
webbrowser.c:93: error: for each function it appears in.)
webbrowser.c:93: error: `error' undeclared (first use in this function)
webbrowser.c:114: warning: implicit declaration of function
`g_shell_quote'
webbrowser.c:114: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
webbrowser.c:125: warning: implicit declaration of function
`g_shell_parse_argv'
webbrowser.c:129: warning: implicit declaration of function
`g_error_free'
webbrowser.c:133: warning: implicit declaration of function
`g_spawn_async'
webbrowser.c:134: error: `G_SPAWN_SEARCH_PATH' undeclared (first use in
this function)

I'm not sure but I suspect that this might be related to gtk2...
As far as I inspected it, the things seems to be glib2 specific. As I'm using the win32 platform, where both gtk1.3 and gtk 2.x uses glib2, I didn't noticed it.

Hmmm, anyone has a good idea to solve this?

Regards, ULFL