Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Urgent dissector problem

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
Martin Angler said:
> Thanks for your fast replies! I had a problem checking out the CVS
> version, therefore I was using the daily version from 4am EST, today.

I.e., the ethereal-2004-06-07.tar.gz tarball?

> In order to get it running, I defined WTAP_ENCAP_BACNET_MS_TP by myself
(value: 165).

The ethereal-2004-06-08.tar.gz tarball already defines it, so I assume
you're using an earlier one.

> What's still strange are the undefined references:
> "epan/.libs/libethereal.so: undefined reference to `proto_register_mstp' "
> "epan/.libs/libethereal.so: undefined reference to
> `proto_reg_handoff_mstp' "
> ist the output of MAKE.
> As far as I see it, there is no packet-mstp.o and packet-mstp.lo
> constructed.

I assume that's your dissector?  If so, I'd consider calling it
"packet-bacnet-mstp.c", just in case, for example, somebody creates a
Media Sample Transport Protocol or something such as that.

You put into the "DISSECTOR_SRC" macro in "epan/Makefile.common" a line

    ../packet-mstp.c \

and then did

    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure {configuration options, if any}
    make

That should work.