Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Urgent dissector problem

From: Martin Angler <martin.angler@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:12:29 +0200
Hello,

I am a student of CS and currently developing a pseudo-network driver under
GNU/Debian linux which should be able to accept BACnet MS/TP packets (is a
data link layer protocol).

Now the problem is the following: In order to test my driver, I am using a
dissector which other people (former German students) have written 2 or 3
years ago. They never really tested it, because they were missing a libpcap
linktype for that special protocol. Now, on June 8, 2004 Guy Harris from
tcpdump.org has added such a linktype.

I followed the instructions to add the dissector to Ethereal 0.10.3 from
README.developer, i.e. I added the .c file to the Makefile.common in
<EtherealDIR>/epan/. But that didn't work. MAKE complaint, there were
undefined references when linking. Then I hacked around in the Makefile and
Makefile.in, and finally it produced the wanted code.

But, when I try to start Ethereal now, all there comes, is a "Segmentation
fault". Could you please help me there?

Regards,
Martin W. Angler

 Sponsor:

 Pratico schermo anti-riflesso. Ripara e mantiene completa visione della strada

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2413&d=9-6.cgi?mid=2497&d=9-6