Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Linking against OpenSSL

From: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:39:49 -0400
Thomas,

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 08:47, Thomas Anders wrote:
> > Changes to look for SSL library for those who have UCD SNMP compiled
>
> This is what I was suspecting. I'm just surprised that you don't
> have any (UCD|Net)-SNMP lib dependencies. Probably because you only
> have static versions of them?

I don't have any SNMP libraries installed, which is why you don't see
the SNMP lib dependencies in the ldd output.  However, it looks like the
test doesn't discriminate based on the presence of an SNMP library.
Even if it did though, the licensing would still prohibit distribution
of the resulting product.  Linking to a library that links to OpenSSL is
the same thing as linking directly, as far as the GPL is concerned.

--
Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer