Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Possible Usability Issue in Ethereal + Issue in the Site

From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:06:07 -0000
Hi all!

Here are some possible problems I noticed in Ethereal:

1. After I perform a capture, and without saving it, and then I try to capture
a new one I am presented with this dialog:

<<<
*Save capture file before starting a new capture?*

If you start a new capture without saving, your current capture data will be
discarded.

[Yes]  [No]  [Cancel]

Where the *..* is bold. Now, when I was presented with this dialog, for the
first time I automatically read only the second line (because it was closest
to the buttons), and so pressed the wrong button. It also happened sometimes
in subsequent times.

2. The links on http://www.ethereal.com/ are black. This makes it hard to
distinguish them from the rest of the text, especially in browsers which do
not put an underline under the link, like Konqueror. I suggest changing them
to a different colour.

Best regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif@xxxxxxxxxxx