Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Seperation of the exporting from the printingfunctionality do

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:29:16 +0200
Olivier Biot wrote:

You *can* export both packet summary and packet dissection when
exporting to plain text (pr PostScript).

If you select PSML/PDML you will require 2 different files.

Maybe we want to add an "Export as XML..." option where the widget
selects the base name of the export file, and the widget takes care of
creating the required PDML (.pdml) and PSML (.PSML) files. This
implies that we merge
Both are basically the same dialog. As I don't like duplicated code, nothing to merge here :-)

the current PDML and PSML export widgets and
provide a PDML/PSML check box, or a PDML/PSML/Both radio button group
for the new XML output widget?
I've thought about that too, but didn't found an easy way to put this into a good GUI layout.

We might even want to include some .html and .css (and alike) files for this export too, so you will get a "living" webpage like described in
a mail from me some days ago.

Nonetheless, I'm still thinking about this...

Regards, ULFL