Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-cops.c update for PacketCable - patch

From: Dick Gooris <gooris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:26:32 -0700
Guy,

Hereby another update for packet-cops.c.
I attached packet-cops.zip which includes both the 'intended' packet-cops.c as well as the diff version.
I took care on the CR/LF this time. I noticed that this is the diff against the 10.3 base version, and not the
diff against the previous patch of myself. Anyway, the result should become packet-cops.c as in the .zip file.

The delta is :  'Two extra PacketCable tables within Cops'

Many thanks in advance and regards,

    - Dick Gooris

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 12:23:31PM -0700, Dick Gooris wrote:
> Hereby I am providing the packet-cops.patch generated via :
>
>             #cvs diff packet-cops.c > packet-cops.patch

Unfortunately, it replaces every single line in the file, as the new
file has CR-LF at the end of the line and the file in CVS doesn't - and
even if I remove all the CR's from the file, the patch fails.

I ended up taking the "to" lines from the patch, removing the leading
"> " and trailing CR's, and saving that to "packet-cops.c", and checking
that in.

If you're using CVS on Windows, you might want to see whether you can
configure it to handle files in CVS that don't have CR-LF by stripping
CR's when checking in and either adding them to files checked out
(including for diffing) or removing them from files being diffed.