Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Question: wiretap, timestamps and timezone

From: "Rolf Fiedler" <Rolf.Fiedler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:39:52 +0200
Hello,

I have a question regarding the proper use of the wiretap library. In
the wth->phdr->ts.tv_sec field, is that a timestamp in GMT or in
localtime, i.e. will ethereal do gmt->localtime conversion before
displaying the information or should the wiretap module do that?

I have traces that have timestamps in GMT (to allow use across
timezones) that are not displayed properly and I am looking for
the proper place to fix it.

Thanks for a definitive answer,
Rolf

Der WEB.DE Virenschutz schuetzt Ihr Postfach vor dem Wurm Sober.A-F!
Kostenfrei fuer FreeMail Nutzer. http://f.web.de/?mc=021158