Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Compiling packet-rtps using VC7

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:47:54 +0200
Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

I dont know,   compileing for VC6 usually works fine.
The files packet-rtps were recently checked in by Guy, and he did make the correct changes in the .c file, but forgot to do that in the .h file, so it wasn't even compiling with VC6. I've checked in some changes,
so it should be compiling again fine on VC6.

Don't know, if this will compile on VC7.

Beware though, the licence agreement of VC7 and VC.NET or whatever it calls
it   does NOT allow you to compile GPL code.
So i assume few etehreal developers are actively looking into VC7 issues.
( i mean whgats the point, you may not even compile ethereal
with that compiler anyway)

If you want to be allowed to compile ethereal using that compiler i guess
you should complain to microsoft.

I've added a small section in the Readme.win32 about the compilers supported.

Regards, ULFL