Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] PDML / PSML (HTML) export feature in Analyzer

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:03:42 +0200
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> As far as I understand it, Hethereal was a web-frontend for a remotely
> running ethereal implementation.

Yes, I think so. I don't know so much about Hethereal.
I'm interested in to know more about the new version of Hethereal it in the
future.

> What I'm thinking of is an export function, so you can for example
> export some packet data into some files,
> and put this on your webpage or send it to a friend, and he can view it
> without running or installing anything,
> just using his webbrowser.

Yes, I understood that and I think that it could be really useful to be able
to do that.
I just wanted to point out that Carsten maybe already have started to look
into some related issues (e.g. PSML output and
so on).