Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Fix for Win32 build under VC6/7

From: "Stas Khirman" <staskh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:06:43 -0700
Hi,

As many complained in the list I had problems to compile latest (0.10.3)
source code under Win2000 with VC6 ( I think that VC7 have similar
problems).

The first , liker problem is solvable ( as recommended in the mailing
list ) by adding /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBC to the linker flags ( in
config.nmake). Unfortunately this fix works only partially - executable
call some funny assertion inside of fdopen. Also, not all executables
are linked properly.

Finally, I find out that solution is to add  /MD to compiler flags (
don't forget to "nmake clean" as all sources have to be recompiled) .
All executables are build successfully and ethereal work perfectly (
with no assertions!).

Bottom line - config.nmake has to be fixed to have :
LOCAL_CFLAGS=/Zi /W3 /MD
LOCAL_LDFLAGS=/DEBUG /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBC

Regards
Stas