Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Add PDML output to ethereal

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:35:31 -0500
On Thursday 15 April 2004 10:54, Biot Olivier wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Today we can only produce PDML output in tethereal (with the -Tpdml
> command-line option). I guess it is not that complicated to add support for
> PDML output in Ethereal, unless I ignore the consequences of packet
> reassembly?

No, it would not be difficult. SInce PDML output is implemented as a print
output style, the easiest and most straight-forward approach would be to add
this option to the print dialogue.

However, I wonder if that's not the best UI decision... do users expect PDML
output to be selected from "File | Save As" ? Of course, they serve different
purposes... saving as a different file format saves just the packet data, not
the dissection, whereas the printing function prints the packet dissection.

--gilbert