Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] The Makefile problem: how to compile newly addeddissector

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:24:05 +0200
Hi Michael,

after modifying any Makefile stuff you must run autogen.sh
in the top directory. After that you need configure and make.

Best regards
Michael

On Apr 9, 2004, at 10:57 PM, Wei Li (Michael) wrote:

I tried with 0.10.3, but the new dissector is still not compiled. That's
what I do:
1. add the new dissector packet-xxx.c into the top directory.
2. add "../packet-xxx.c" into "DISSECTOR_SRC" macro in the
"epan/Makefile.common" file.
3. Stay in "epan" directory, type "make", no packet-xxx.o genereated.

I don't have a "packet-xxx.h" file, so there is no need to anything else,
right?
What's wrong?
Thanks!

I tried to incorporate a new dissector into ethereal (0.10.2) and
build it all. As instructed, I updated the Makefile.common in the top
directory.  However, the makefile does not recognize my new dissector
file and left it uncompiled.

I forget what the answer was for 0.10.2, but the current version is
0.10.3 - and, in that version, you'd add it to the "DISSECTOR_SRC" macro
in the "epan/Makefile.common" file (and put "../" in front of the
dissector name, as is done for the names already there).