Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Changes for sip-t decoding

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff_morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:16:29 -0400

Anders Broman (AL/EAB) wrote:

Hi,
Note that this is only affecting SIP-T.
With the present code a line in the GUI containing  a SIP/application/isup would look like :

13 0.302286  10.28.2.11  10.28.1.11  SIP/ISUP Status: 183 Session Progress, ISUP:reserved
Without "ISUP" it'd look :

13 0.302286  10.28.2.11  10.28.1.11  SIP/ISUP Status: 183 Session Progress, reserved

I thought with the former it was clearer that "reserved" belonged to the ISUP dissection rather than to SIP.
But feel free to change it if you like, I have no strong preferenses either way.

Oops, my bad. I thought this change was in 'dissect_isup()', not in 'dissect_application_isup()' (I keep forgetting that there are multiple entry points in the ISUP dissector). Sorry for the noise.