Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] bug in 0.10.3

From: "BlaK ForGE" <blakforge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 15:19:54 +0000
Hello,

While running ethereal for windows version 0.10.3 I have encountered a serious error.

winpcap 3.1.0.20 (latest) on windows 2003 build 3790

while trying to select a entry on the list of packets such as a tcp or aim packet, a serious error occurs.

a dialog box appears with a console window 'unspecified fatal error ecountered, aborting.'

in the console window appears 'file proto.c: line 1917: assertion failed: ((guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len)'

then a visual c++ runtime error occurs and the program: is blank 'this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the application's support team for more information.

Also, afer scrolling though windows after a packet capture, I recieved the following errors in a console window.

'
(ethereal.exe:1264): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_text_size: gdk_nmbstowchar_ts failed

(ethereal.exe:1264): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_win32_draw_text: gdk_nmbstowchar_ts fai
led
'

I tested 0.10.2 with no known problems so far with this configuration.

Thanks,

Tony