Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] bug in 0.10.3

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 06:33:26 +1000
----- Original Message -----
From: "BlaK ForGE"
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 1:19 AM
Subject: [Ethereal-dev] bug in 0.10.3

> a dialog box appears with a console window 'unspecified fatal error
> ecountered, aborting.'
>
> in the console window appears 'file proto.c: line 1917: assertion failed:
> ((guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len)'

This sounds like someone forgot to initialize a field description variable
properly.

Can you provide an example capture when this happens so we can find out
which field variable that was
unitinialized or if this is not possible, can you describe what the packet
looks like before you
click on the packet and ethereal craches?   I.e. what protocol was the
packet that caused ethereal to crash?