Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.3 release later this week?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:32:04 -0600
Ulf Lamping wrote:

How do we want to handle the (newer) win32 GTK related topics, changing the installer defaults since the last release:

a) do we want to set GTK2 as the default for the installer now?
As I have shipped like this for my "personal releases", it doesn't seem to have any bugs or such :-)
This requires to make minor changes to packaging/nsis/ethereal.nsi.

I'd like to hold off on this until 0.10.4. 0.10.3 will be a security fix release and I'd like to make as few "drastic" changes as possible.

b) do we want to use GTK-WIMP by default?
Same reasons as in a)
This requires Gerald to set GTK_WIMP_DIR in his config.nmake file and install GtkWimp.

This sounds fine for 0.10.4, for the same reason listed above.