Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] ASK help for ethereal

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:55:52 +0100
From: qulifan

|Hello:
|      I am an engineer of china Datang mobile corporation,
|i wanna use ethereal to analyzer cdma1x signal, but ethereal
|can't analyze cmda1x protocol, so i wanna join the protocol
|source code to ethereal, i wanna ask you two questions:
|
|1 can i add new protocol to ethereal ?

Yes, of course!

|2 how can i add the new protocol in ethereal?

You can post your protocol dissector to the ethereal-dev mailing list.
Should you need to know how to start at writing such a protocol dissector,
then I suggest you download the Ethereal source code, read the
README.developer file for a start, and have a look at one or more protocol
dissector source files (packet-udp.c for example).

Good luck!

Regards,

Olivier