Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re-indenting the configure script (please test)

From: Stephen Samuel <samuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:23:35 -0800
Richard Sharpe wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Guy Harris wrote:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 03:46:12PM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:

I am not sure that I agree with wholesale cosmetic changes to the code.

I think he was saying that re-indentation might be useful when, for
example, you're trying to debug a configure script, as you might
actually have to understand what the script is doing.

I think that the implication was that configure.in should be re-indented as well, which I would object to (a little bit, at least).

Guy got my thoughts right...
That having been said, though, if configure.in is written,
and maintained, by people then it should be sanely indented.

If configure was being maintained by humans then I would have
insisted that it be intented in a sane manner ...
Who cares about history if you've got a medusa source file
(looks like spaghetti code and everybody who examines the file
seems to turns to stone).

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426                samuel@xxxxxxxxxxx
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/~samuel/