Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] TCP/IP Retransmission

From: Chula Bandara <cbandara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:20:31 -0600
Hi i am using Etereal Version 0.10.0a and this was very useful to me solving connectivity issues with our Service Providers. Few days back i had a similar problem that i see TCP retransmission but one of my Service Provider did not those retransmissions. My SP was using Network Associates Sniffer Pro Version 4.50.04. and i got some of captured files from the Sniffer. Surprisingly when i open those files with Ethereal , it sees Retransmissions , Packet Losses , Duplicate ACks etc..

could this be a bug in Ethereal or the Sniffer
thanks you in advance.
cbandara