Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Display filter working

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:15:39 +0100
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:55:10PM -0800, Soft Boy wrote:
> I saw some postings on the mailing list about
> libethereal. What is it ? May be this is what I need
> for my tool. I also want filtering funcationality in a
> library and I don't need any GUI.

Libethereal is work in progress to put the dissection and
display filter stuff into a library. While the library
exists by now, the API a) probably needs cleanup and
b) should be usable anyway.

> Can I build
> libethereal using the ethereal.0.10.2 which I have
> downloaded ??

No, libethereal (under unix) exists in current cvs only.
If you want to test, take a look at the web pages ->
development on how to download via cvs or the nightly
source snapshots.

 Ciao
        Jï¿œrg