Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Sniffer .cap packet times are still incorrect.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:48:34 +0100
Greg Morris wrote:

The attached captures are the same but one in lanalyzer format (.tr1)
the other in sniffer format (.cap). The duration of the trace is
15:28:51 as you can see when viewing the tr1 file. But the cap file
reports about half of that.
Is there someone working on the wiretap libraries that could resolve
this issue?

Please advise,
Greg
Could you please *not* send mails of that size to the mailing list!?!?

It takes a long time to download this mail through a telephone line :-(

Regards, ULFL