Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] ClearSight update

From: Tom Uijldert <Tom.Uijldert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:53:43 +0100
> - He is willing to assist us in the case.  However, he can't do pro
>    bono work in California (CA), which is where it makes the
> most sense to file a case.

Hmmm, the product is distributed globally and the site lists these
distributors. Shouldn't I be making the distributor in say, the Netherlands
(or the EU), aware that he is distributing a product that violates
copyright?

And while we're at it, shouldn't we be making the (list of) customers of
this product aware as well?

> Questions for copyright holders.
>
> In order to proceed with this, Ethereal's copyright holders need to
> agree on a final objective.  Do we simply want ClearSight to stop
> infringement?  Do we want them to open the source of Analyzer?  Do we
> want damages?  Should they be allowed to keep doing what they're
> doing, provided they pay a licensing fee?

I concur with Joerg Mayer's reply on this.

> I'll try to set up a communication channel for Ethereal's copyright
> holders in the meantime.  This will probably be in the form of another
> mailing list.

http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/fla/fla.en.html

that's what this is for, right?

Regards,
Tom Uijldert          Email: Tom.Uijldert [at] logicacmg.com