Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to make ethereal-0.10.2 work on Cygwin w ith packet cap

From: Stephen Blackheath <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:33:50 +1300

Olivier,

I haven't retried what you suggest, though I expect it will work.

I've realized my patch has one advantage over the default unix-based build:
It will detect the presence of WinPCap at runtime.  This is useful to me
because I'm releasing it for some end users.

By the way, I managed to get ethereal to build on Cygwin against some native
win32/GDI libraries, which means you don't need X11.  Email me for details.

Thanks for your help, Olivier.

Steve