Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] IO Stat

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:20:04 +0100
Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

Yes that was the technical reason why it previously did not work.
The pratcical reason was   no one had been bothered enough to fix it
previously.

5 minutes ago i checked in a quick hack that should implement
your suggestion.

I never fixed it before since the manpage mentions it and no one really
complained/used the feature before.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Please test the CVS version it should work.
This seems to work and is much better than before :-)

Maybe ulf wants to add the check field thing that it is a real field value
and do the
red/gree/white feedback thing for the field textbox it as well?

That wouldn't be too easy :-(

For the current syntax check of the filter field, I've simply used the filter string as a whole, and asked the "filter engine" if it's valid.

The case here is a bit different. The string cannot be easily checked, as it must be a field which can be a resonable value for this case. I don't know a function in the "filter engine" which tell's me this valid/invalid result we need here, although it might be available somewhere.

I don't have much knowledge on the filtering engine, but someone might help me on this. When we have the function outlined above,
the colouring itself will be really easy to do.

Regards, ULFL