Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] kerberos update

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:04:29 +0100
Only one API chanage would affect your packet-kerberos.c.
I will add the flags field into the ber_choice structure.
I can see that the packet-kerberos.c contains only two ber_choice table,
I hope it would be reasonable to change them.

All other changes would be back-compatible with current BER API.

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

I have no current changes pending for packet-ber.c
the only things pending i have is packet-kerberos.c
<ad>
NEW BETTER FASTER ULTRA TURBO PLUS MEGA 2000
NOW WITH DISSECTION OF W2K PAC STRUCTURES!!!
</ad>

there are still "issues" due to my ignorance of how heimdal works
that causes it to leak memory.
it is easy to fix but i am just distracted since the PAC_LOGON_INFO
structure as described in the
ietf draft does not exactly match the decrypted blob i have.
(draft says : this is (identical to) NETLOGON/VALIDATE_SAM_INFO2
 but my decrypted blob seems to contain 20 bytes extra before the described
structure
 and it seems to lack 2 of the 6 unique pointers in the middle of it.
 could be mistake on my side doing the ndr decoding with pen n paper also.
  has been known to happen)

as soon as I get
1, PAC_LOGON_INFO to decode properly
2, have fixed the meory leaks
3, someone(not me) adds the automake magic for heimdal detection
then I plan to add it to cvs.

I can post the latest prototype version later tonight if you want to test
it.

If the changes are not too big, even if the changes the API  send tehm to
the list and i will update
my prototype kerberos version,   no need to hold back needed changes just
because I cant check in a kerberos
thing right now.

Oh.   If some has or can create a capture file of a user mapping a share on
a file server in a w2k domain (so SessionSetupAndX contains
a kerberos blob which in turn contains a PAC_LOGON_INFO struct) and also
make a copy of the keytab file holding the principals for the server
and send to me it would help immensly to get the PAC_LOGON_INFO thing sorted
out.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tomas Kukosa" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>