Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] kerberos update

From: Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 07:48:57 +0100
Hi Ronnie,
  when dou you plan to put it into the CVS?
I would like to make some changes into packet-ber but I do not want to make them when you have some BER related code in your "working-buffer":-).

  Regards,
    Tomas

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

Attached is a slightly updated version of packet kerberos.

To test it you must have heimdal installed and you must uncomment the two
HAVE_KERBEROS and HAVE_HEIMDAL_KERBEROS defines.
Secondly you must modify the Makefile to add 'krb5-config --cflags' and
'krb5-config --libs'
to the build flags.
Third you must put the keytabfile in the directory from where you run
ethereal. It must be named : krb5.keytab

With this it will decrypt and dissect kerberos blobs.   Example capture file
and keytab file are in my previous posts.

This only works on unix hosts where heimdal is available.
If someone is interested in win32, could someone test if the DLLs from
http://www.stacken.kth.se/~thn/ktelnet
(which are native win32 DLLs) combined with the headers from the heimdal
source
could be used to build a working version for kerberos decryption for w32
?

best regards
    ronnie sahlberg