Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] About the reported compile problems and autotools

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:24:12 -0600
Gilbert Ramirez wrote:

I'd vote for not trying to manually move the ",v" files and just live
with the inadequacies of CVS. Perhaps in the future we can move to some
other tool (bitkeeper, subversion, etc.) I'd also vote for accepting the
new revision number of 1.1 so it's easier to know that the file was
recently moved.

Subversion recently went to version 1.0. Can anyone comment on its stability, usability, and suitability as a replacement for our current CVS environment?