Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Still problems with Building latest CVS ...

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:14:03 +0100
From: Richard Sharpe

@am__quote@./$(DEPDIR)/alert_box.Po@am__quote@
@am__quote@./$(DEPDIR)/capture.Po@am__quote@
| @AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@
| @am__quote@./$(DEPDIR)/capture_stop_conditions.Po@am__quote@

This is typically something from the Autotools. The @AMDEP_TRUE@ will
be replaced by either nothing (if TRUE) or a pound sign (if FALSE),
meaning this is a way for the autotools to conditionally comment out
lines of the make files. Similarly, am__include and am__quote will be
replaced with text strings by the autotools. This replacement is done
with the AC_SUBST() macro. Your configure file should contain
AMDEP_TRUE in ac_subst_vars.

I strongly believe that you upgraded to more recent autotools but you
did not get rid of files in the Ethereal directory created with a
previous version of the autotools. Did you run a make distclean before
going through the ./autogen.sh, ./configure and make?

Regards,

Olivier