Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] FW: [Ethereal-users] RE: Problem with ethereal 0.10.1 and 0.1

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:14:44 -0600
The default capture filter is determined from util.c:get_conn_cfilter(). It looks like CLIENTNAME on local connections gets set to "localhost" instead of "console" on some systems. We should be able to fix this by adding another check to CLIENTNAME (and perhaps REMOTEHOST and the other environment variables). I'll see if I can find time to work on it in the next few days, unless someone gets to it first.

Biot Olivier wrote:

FYI

(JPG screenshot of capture dialog removed)

Maybe we should remove the default capture filter.

Regards,

Olivier