Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [Fwd: ClearSight Analyzer's use of Etherealdecodeengine]

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:27:11 -0800 (PST)
On 3 Mar 2004, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> I am familiar with the options the GPL provides.  I had not taken any of
> this up with ClearSight because, when we left off, Gerald was getting in
> touch with them.  I didn't want to foul up any efforts he had ongoing
> with them.  That, and the fact that the volume of contributions I made
> are relatively small compared to other developers.

Yes, I think it is important that we present a united front to ClearSight.

However, I wonder to what extent individuals informing them that they are
in violation of the GPL and distributing the individual's copyrighted code
without permission or licence will increase the leverage.

After all, they could no longer claim that they didn't know, and willful
disregard of the law brings larger penalties.

Regards
-----