Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problems with autogen and Mandrake

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 01:02:30 +0100
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:31:51PM -0500, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> Seems like every time I turn around, Ethereal doesn't compile against
> Mandrake because of Mandrake's toolchain.  Perhaps it's time to bite the
> bullet and cut over to Red Hat.

Well, maybe. But maybe it's because I'm developing solely on the most
current Suse so while I don't have the brand new versions of the auto...
stuff, it's still close to current. While I'm really happy to get rid
of ancient auto-tools, we now need to determine which versions are
required and update the configure.in and autogen.sh values accordingly.

 Ciao
     Jï¿œrg