Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Capture ringbuffer behaviour, 3rd proposal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:04:23 -0800
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 07:20:50PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> IMHO the "Stop capture after 1______ file(s)" belongs into the limit(s),
> as it is really a capture limit.

...and it should presumably be grayed out if "Use multiple files" isn't
selected, unlike the other limits.

> P.S: To qoute: "I however agree that the widget is probably the most
> cumbersome of Ethereal today", well I still know some very strange dialogs,
> like the "add expression" dialog, which are also good candidates for
> this award ;-)

Brickbats to Redmond, Washington - it's modeled after a Network Monitor
dialog in their display filter mechanism.  (They have a dialog for
constructing expressions that lets you build an expression tree, and a
subdialog for adding test expressions; that's what I modeled the "Filter
Expression" dialog after.)