Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Capture ringbuffer behaviour, 3rd proposal

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:20:50 +0100
Hi List!

And again, another try :-)

Some forwords:
-please let us discuss about the default values later, as the discussion is complicated enough. -I don't like very long labels "Overwrite oldest capture files when maximum number of capture files has been reached." as that's too much to read, explain it only in the tooltips and help text's in that length.

So here's the next proposal:

---Capture file(s)---------------------------------------------
File: ___________________ Browse
O Use multiple files
X Next capture file every 1______ kilobyte(s)
O Next capture file every 1______ second(s)
X Back to first file after 2______ files (ring buffer)
O Stop capture after 1______ packet(s)
O Stop capture after 1______ kilobyte(s)
O Stop capture after 1______ second(s)
O Stop capture after 1______ file(s)

IMHO the "Stop capture after 1______ file(s)" belongs into the limit(s), as it is really a capture limit.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: To qoute: "I however agree that the widget is probably the most cumbersome of Ethereal today", well I still know some very strange dialogs, like the "add expression" dialog, which are also good candidates for this award ;-)