Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Regarding Colored Display

From: Richard Urwin <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 00:03:05 +0000
On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 11:47 am, Naveen Kumar Kaushik wrote:
> Hi list
> My query is regarding color display option of ethereal.
> One can select a filter and specify the foreground and background colors so
> that a packet matching the criteria will be displayed with the foreground
> background color selected.
> As i found out these color configurations are saved in
> <APP-DATA>\Ethereal\colorfilters dir in window and probably in some other
> locations on other OS.
> My queries are
> 1. Are there any template colorfilters file .Although  protocol number
> supported on ethereal is large ,but still if some one has tried in past.

The one I use is accessible here:
http://www.soronlin.org.uk/Downloads/ColorFilter.html

> 2 Can I change the default location of this file eg. can we manage to put
> this file in the same dir as the ethereal executable (May require some code
> change).

From Ethereal 0.9.15, if you select the Export button on the color filter
dialog you will see a Save File dialog. On that dialog is a button to select
the Global Filters file. Pressing that allows you to save the filters as the
global set, to be used by all users that do not have personal filters set.
You will have to do so as root on Unix/Linux, and may have to be
Administrator on Windows, to have sufficient access rights to save the file.

--
Richard Urwin