Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Best way to validate rpcsec_gss verifiers?

From: Frank Cusack <fcusack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:00:07 -0700
Hi,

I'd like to be able to verify NFS rpcsec_gss credentials/verifiers.  My idea
is that I have my kernel dump the key used, and I import that into ethereal,
associating it with a specific context handle.

- Where is the best place to add code to do the validation?  Is this
  suitable for a plugin?

- Where is the easiest place to add this code, if different than the above?

- What is the fastest way to have ethereal read the key info?  I figured
  on just creating some well known filename which the plugin or nfs
  dissector (?) would read.  Say /tmp/ethereal.nfs.rpcsec_gss.<handle>
  which would contain the key in 0x ascii-hex format (and where <handle>
  is in ascii-hex format).

- Would you include this in the distribution?

thanks!
/fc