Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: interface options patch IV

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:17:26 -0700

On Sep 24, 2003, at 10:44 PM, Nathan Jennings wrote:

Attached is a new version that's a diff against current CVS. I think it's much more intuitive (Thanks Richard U. for suggesting it.).

Checked in.

The patch changes the UI so:

1) the CList updates as you enter/modify options.

A better UI might be one where you can directly type into the description column in that CList, and have a checkbox in that CList for enabled/disabled, and get rid of the other widgets in that dialog box.

Unfortunately, GTK+ 1.2[.x]'s CList widget can't handle that, so, absent better widgets, we're stuck with what we have in the 1.2[.x] version.

We might be able to do better in the GTK+ 2.x version, using its replacement tree/list widget. (See, for example, the Edit > Protocols UI, which I think has a checkbox for enabled/disabled in the 2.x version.)