Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: interface options patch IV

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:24:25 -0700

On Sep 26, 2003, at 4:17 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

A better UI might be one where you can directly type into the description column in that CList, and have a checkbox in that CList for enabled/disabled, and get rid of the other widgets in that dialog box.

Unfortunately, GTK+ 1.2[.x]'s CList widget can't handle that, so, absent better widgets, we're stuck with what we have in the 1.2[.x] version.

We might be able to do better in the GTK+ 2.x version, using its replacement tree/list widget. (See, for example, the Edit > Protocols UI, which I think has a checkbox for enabled/disabled in the 2.x version.)

An alternative for 1.x might be to get rid of the second CList, and, if you select an interface in the main CList, have its current description and "Hide interface?" setting be put in the "Edit interface options" region - i.e., use the "Current options" CList to select the interface whose options are to be edited.