Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to fix possible crash in NCP dissector

From: "Greg Morris" <gmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:13:51 -0600
No, The column info should be the same. FYI, this part of the code was made by Gilbert, (Maybe he knows something I don't about the run_info_str code).

Greg

On Sep 23, 2003, at 2:08 PM, Greg Morris wrote:

> On subsequent dissection it is possible that a reply packet is in the
> trace that does not have a cooresponding request packet. The column
> data update did not check for valid request data prior to updating.
> This patch ensures that we check for valid request data prior to
> updating the column data.

Checked in.

Does that code set the Info column differently depending on whether
"ncp_tree" is non-null?  If so, that should be fixed, either by
arranging to set it even if "ncp_tree" is null or by building a
temporary protocol tree if "run_info_str" is set.