Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to fix possible crash in NCP dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:39:06 -0700

On Sep 23, 2003, at 3:13 PM, Greg Morris wrote:

No, The column info should be the same. FYI, this part of the code was made by Gilbert, (Maybe he knows something I don't about the run_info_str code).

It was a bit hard to figure out how that code was working; however, in both "dissect_ncp_request()" and "dissect_nds_request()", the Info column wouldn't be set correctly if no protocol tree was being built, so I changed the stuff to construct the temporary protocol tree to do so if we're generating the Info column, *regardless* of whether this is the first time we're dissecting the packet or not, and reverted to the previous scheme for generating the Info column (appending to it on the fly rather than filling in a string and copying to it later). As we're always constructing a protocol tree if we're filling in the Info column, the previous scheme should work.