Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to enable country information tag patch in802.11

From: "Schipper, Martijn (GSPN)" <martijn.schipper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:34:19 -0400
Hello Ritchie,

That looks good. The only problem could be that the line with all this
information is getting too long. That is the problem with this tag
decoding I am facing all the time: the field wlan_mgt.tag.interpretation
contains too much information. Does anybody know how to split this up?
What I do now is create multiple lines with wlan_mgt.tag.interpretation
but I think that filtering on this will fail.

The answer to your question regarding signed is: cast the last unsigned
char to a (gint8).
Diff:
-                       tag_data_ptr[i], tag_data_ptr[i +
1],tag_data_ptr[i + 2]);
+                       tag_data_ptr[i], tag_data_ptr[i +
1],(gint8)tag_data_ptr[i + 2]);

Greetings,

Martijn Schipper
Software Quality Engineer