Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Dynamic support for other capture drivers....

From: Steve Erickson <steve@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:45:38 -0400
Hi All -

I am working on a project which includes a driver which intercepts packets
on Windows systems. We would like to provide the ability for our driver to
act as the packet capture driver for Ethereal on Windows platforms. Does
Ethereal for Windows support the concept of using capture drivers other than
WinPcap? I saw some discussion in the archives on support for using the
Microsoft capture driver, but it appeared that it required a patch to the
Ethereal source code in order to do it (something we would rather not have
to do).

Thanks for any insight.

-Steve