Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] decode as SNMP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:16:43 -0700

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 10:42 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:29:09PM +1000, HOOD, Andy wrote:
How do I get TCP traffic decoded as SNMP?

By modifying the SNMP dissector so it can handle SNMP being run over
TCP, and then registering the SNMP-over-TCP dissector (which isn't the
same as the regular SNMP dissector, as it has to worry about SNMP PDUs
split over TCP segments, etc) for ports 161 and 162.

...as would, I think, be done by the attached patch. I have not tested it with SNMP-over-TCP, as I have no SNMP-over-TCP captures. I haven't even tried it with SNMP-over-UDP, as the only SNMP captures I have are at home.

If I don't hear any reports of problems, and if it works with SNMP-over-UDP, I will assume that it works fine with SNMP-over-TCP, and check it in.